Here’s a quickie craft for you.
There are so many events to go to this time of year and you want to take a little something for the hostess with the mostest, but what??? How ’bout a little jar candle all festooned up for the season.
Start with a store bought jar candle. I used the larger sized one from Wal Mart. For the holidays the white candles are scented nice and mild. The scent is called Winter Wonderland. I like it because it’s piney without knocking you sideways with aroma. Aaand it’s only $3.97.
The supplies are readily available. I printed up the music for Jingle Bells free from the internet on regular computer printer paper. Then I tea stained it and let it dry. I used spray adhesive to adhere it to the jar. Only two more things: jute twine and jingle bells.
1) remove label from jar with a razor scraper. No need to remove sticky residue.
2) cut music to fit jar. ( I singed the edge of mine with a flame, but that part is entirely optional).
3) spray adhesive on back of music sheets and stick them to the jar
4) wrap jar with twine and tie it in a bow
5) tie jingle bells to the end of the twine. (This was the hardest part of the whole project. I had to put tape on the ends of my twine to get it through the little holes in the bells without unraveling. Then I cut off the tape and knotted the ends)
Kinda cute, huh?